Friday, July 22, 2011

IS IT FALL YET?

Sorry, but it's REALLY hot and steamy outside, making me yearn for cooler days...autumn days...when the oaks begin dropping their acorns. As an admirer of all-things-fall, yet another of my designs just HAD to be an acorn...specifically, KATHY'S ACORN.

The idea came to me around the time of my dear friend "Kathy's" BIG 5-0 birthday...she likes acorns just about as much as I do...so this "pin" (I have also made it into a magnet) was created and named in her honor. It sports a hand-made polymer-clay leaf and a bit of stem from the oak tree in my backyard. At a workshop last October, ten students learned the art of punch needle embroidery with KATHY'S ACORN as their "beginner" project. I hope to offer a few for sale at   AN ARTFUL AFFAIR  this October.

 Time to return to "summer" things...wait 'til you see my beach chair! With that morsel, I bid you happy weekend, and thanks for "listening"...    

No comments:

Post a Comment