Friday, July 1, 2011

FEELING NOSTALGIC

Is anybody wondering about my very first design? Technically, it was the BAA FOR BEGINNERS sheep pictured here in my sidebar. I had to come up with something simple but fun for those just starting out in punch needle. Since my classes were to be held in a knit shop full of wonderful wools (KATHY'S KREATIONS, Ligonier, PA), a sheep seemed appropriate. The rich, crimson background was homage to shop-owner and designer Kathy, whose favorite color is red.

But my REAL "first" design, a design for "sale", HAD to be autumn-related (although kitties and thistles ran as close seconds). I love everything about fall: the cooler weather; the scents; the COLORS...of the sky, of leaves and acorns and PUMPKINS! My first REAL punch needle design was WEE PUMPKIN PIN. It can be made into as a magnet as well.
      



Sorry, I know everyone is gearing up for the big 4th of July weekend and might not necessarily care to see a pumpkin, but let's just call it a "Helen".

Happy "4th" all, and thanks for "listening"...

No comments:

Post a Comment